Last Updated on February 25, 2022
The basic working of a humidifier, adds moisture in the air. And before beginning our best cool mist humidifier reviews, we would like to tell you the importance of using them. As we all know temperature falls drastically during chilly winter days, so it is utterly important to keep indoors warm. So definitely, you will make use of space heater in order to warm up living space. But artificially heated room results in low humidity which can cause adverse health effects.
Using a humidifier along with room heaters helps to maintain good humidity indoors. This, in turn, helps to prevent health issues caused due to a lack of moisture in the air. In addition, cold mist humidifier is best for asthma patients. Also, they consume less electricity than warm mist humidifiers. We will discuss more benefits of using a cool-mist humidifier in our buyer’s guide section. And for now, let us move forward with our 9 best cool mist humidifier reviews of 2022.
- 1 List of Best Cool Mist Humidifier
- 2 1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier – Best Among Best
- 3 2. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier with LED Display – Value For Money
- 4 3. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier (6L) – Essential Oil Tray, High Mist Output
- 5 4. MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier for Large Rooms
- 6 5. Crane USA Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Under $50
- 7 6. Vicks Filter-Free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier for Medium Rooms
- 8 7. Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier – Highest Reviews
- 9 8. Crane USA Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifiers for Kids
- 10 9. Honeywell HUL520B Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
- 11 Buyer’s Guide
List of Best Cool Mist Humidifier
|Pure Enrichment MistAire PEHUMIDIF (Best Choice)||4.4||View On Amazon|
|TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier (LED Lights)||4.3||View On Amazon|
|Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier (6L)||4.3||View On Amazon|
|MistAire XL Cool Mist Humidifier for Large Rooms||4.4||View On Amazon|
|Crane USA Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier||4.7||View On Amazon|
|Vicks Filter-Free Ultrasonic Humidifier||4.2||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Crane USA Filter-Free (for Kids Room)||4.0||View On Amazon|
|Honeywell HUL520B||4.1||View On Amazon|
1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier – Best Among Best
Pure Enrichment MistAir is the most popular cool mist humidifier with amazing features. The ultrasonic pure enrichment humidifier has a tank capacity of 1.5 liters. This much water capacity can continuously moisturize air for up to 16 hours on a low setting. Therefore, makes it perfect for medium size rooms or offices.
The automatic shut-off feature turns the device off in case of low water level. It also shuts down on removing the water tank. Apart from that, you get an option to change light of the unit. And by turning it on, you get a soothing glow which makes the place more comfortable.
One good feature of this ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is the presence of a 360-degree nozzle on the top. As a result, you get an even amount of spray in all directions. Besides, filling up water tank is extremely easy. Also, from the outer surface of the unit, you can easily view the water level. Thus, makes it easy to refill the tank.
2. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier with LED Display – Value For Money
Next on our best cool mist humidifier reviews, we have a brilliant product from Taotronics. If you wish to have a unit with great performance and style, then this product will not fail you. And above all, the led display makes the device more attractive.
This unit falls under the category of best cool mist humidifier for baby. The reason behind it is, it produces noise less than 38 dB. Hence, it operates quietly and does not disturb sleep of your baby. Further, the micro-porous cartridge thoroughly purifiers air by filtering microorganisms. So all you get is fresh and clean air.
The tank capacity of this humidifier is enough to use it continuously for 15 hours. Plus, it also gives you the option to set humidity levels. You can choose from three settings, low, medium and high, according to need. Apart from that, the provided filter is permanent and cleaning the filter is a breeze. Make sure to clean the filter once or twice every month depending upon the hardness of the water. This ensures product performance remains intact.
3. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier (6L) – Essential Oil Tray, High Mist Output
There is no doubt in saying that the benefits of a humidifier increase when you can put essential oils in them. And our next product allows you to put essential oil in a cool-mist humidifier. So basically, you get benefits of essential oil along with the advantage of using a humidifier.
First of all, this unit has a large capacity with a super high mist output. Therefore, makes it ideal for large rooms having an area up to 400 sq ft. And the most noteworthy thing about this product is, it can last for 50 straight hours between refills. Thus, making it one of the most efficient cool mist humidifier.
You can add your favorite essential oil in the provided tray. The fan is responsible to circulate the oil along with the cool mist coming out from the top. This in turn, removes odor from the air as well as kills the airborne viruses and bacteria. Therefore, it proves best for people suffering from asthma and respiratory problems.
4. MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier for Large Rooms
Moving ahead, we have an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier, especially for large rooms up to 500 sq feet. The design of this unit is simple yet beautiful. It comes with 2 different nozzle options to adjust the flow of mist. Thus, you get a powerful steam output which can humidify a large area in a short span of time.
Three soothing night light options makes the device more convenient during the dark. You can choose between red, green and blue. All it does is, increases relaxation while emitting smooth light from the unit.
You get a cleaning brush free along with the purchase of this product. Also, they have assigned a special spot in the base to keep the cleaning brush. Hence, you will never lose the brush again.
5. Crane USA Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Under $50
This crane ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is best for small rooms. Its water tank capacity is enough to moisturize room up to 250 sq feet. Furthermore, the unit can quietly run up to 18 hours depending on the vapor setting. The most interesting thing about this humidifier is, it does not contain any filter. Thus, no need to buy and replace the filter every month.
The transparent tank allows you to see the water content inside the unit easily. Plus you can control the direction of vapor with the help of 360 degree mist nozzle. And during bedtime you can switch on the night light option. This gives soothing glow and helps you sleep better.
Overall, this unit Made in USA mist producer is perfect for small to medium size bedroom. Also, it is one of the best cool mist humidifiers under $50. And best of all, it is filter-less.
6. Vicks Filter-Free Ultrasonic Visible Cool Mist Humidifier for Medium Rooms
Next on the list, we have is Vicks cool mist humidifier. One thing which makes this device different from others is the absence of a filter. So no need to worry about changing the filter every month. Thus, it reduces the hassle and cuts the cost of buying filters. Apart from that, the tank capacity of this product can easily humidify medium size rooms or bedrooms.
The working capacity of this unit is up to 24 hours. However, if you use it on the low setting it can last up to 30 hours. Thus, making it one of the most efficient cool mist humidifier on the list. Similar to most of the products, this model also has transparent tank. Therefore, it allows you to monitor the water level in order to keep the water up to mark.
One attractive feature of this device is, it accepts vapor-pads. These pads have the same effect just like you apply Vicks. You only need to place the pad in the slot and the humidifier will mix the solution in the mist. Eventually, you get a good smell, easy breathing, and peaceful sleep.
7. Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier – Highest Reviews
If you have a difficult time cleaning the water tank then this humidifier Honeywell will help a lot. This Honeywell germ-free cool-mist humidifier has a dishwasher safe water tank. All you need to do is place the tank properly inside the dishwasher. Thus, it reduces the cleaning effort and dishwasher thoroughly cleans the tank. Apart from that, the tank is break-resistant which further makes it dishwasher-safe.
It has a 3-speed setting to control the vapor output. Honestly speaking, the device runs quietly on low setting and generates little noise while on high. Besides that, it can run continuously up to 24 hours on a low setting. In order to keep the performance of the humidifier intact, make use of Honeywell filters only.
Its germ-free technology claims to remove 99.9% of mold growth on the filter. This, in turn, helps to spread more clean air.
8. Crane USA Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifiers for Kids
When it comes to kids, you seek a humidifier that works efficiently and quietly. So in order to fulfill these requirements, we present you cute looking cool mist humidifier for baby. This ultrasonic humidifier has tank capacity to moisturize room up to 500 sq feet.
Its cute animal design is what makes this device so popular for kid’s rooms. Crane USA offers 15 different shapes. All of these units have the same water capacity. Apart from that, it is filter-less. But there is room to add a filter in case your home gets a hard water supply.
Similar to most of the products on the list, this unit also has an auto-shut off feature. The device automatically shuts down on detecting low water levels. Overall, all the features make this device one of the best cool mist humidifiers for babies.
9. Honeywell HUL520B Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
Last on our best cool mist humidifier reviews we have a product from honeywell. It comes in four solid colors with a humidity level control knob at the front. Besides that, the unit has the capacity to run up to 18 hours in a low setting. Thus, this humidifier is best for small rooms due to its compact size.
As the unit is small in size it contains no filter. And in order to keep the performance intact, you should use distilled water. Apart from that, it throws out a visible cool mist which helps to make your room more comfortable. And just like the majority of the models, this unit also features an auto-shut off the system.
The large tank opening makes cleaning of the device very easy. Not only it helps to clean the tank easily but eases filling of water inside the tank. And above all, this unit is extremely cheap. Thus, you can easily afford it and use in small and personal living space.
So here we end our best cool mist humidifier reviews. To even be on the safer side get your self an air purifier. Check our review here. We have made genuine efforts in order to help you buy the best model. Please go through our buyer’s guide section below. It will solve some general doubts about the humidifier and help to get a perfect model according to your room size.
1. Cool mist vs warm mist humidifier?
Alright, so this is a very common question about the humidifier. People often confuse what kind of humidifier is best for them. Go through the below points to understand the difference between cool mist and warm mist humidifiers.
- Best for children: Cool mist humidifiers are best for children as they throw out cool vapor. Whereas in the case of warm mist humidifiers, the vapor coming out from the device is hot. Therefore, which means you should not place a warm mist device near or inside the kid’s room.
- Power consumption: Cool mist devices consume less electricity as compared to warm mist humidifiers. The only reason behind it is, cool mist units do not require a heating element to heat the water.
- Allergy and skin: Both cool mist and warm mist humidifiers are equally beneficial when it comes to cough and flu. Moisture in the air helps to prevent dry skin, chapped lips, nose bleeding, allergies and asthma.
- Safe: Cool mist devices are safer to use as compared to warm ones. As they do not use warm water, the chances of hot water accidents become less.
2. How to clean a cool mist humidifier?
In order to prevent the growth of mold and mildews inside the tank, you should clean your humidifier properly. And in the case of cool mist models, you must clean them once or twice a week depending upon the usage. Now let us begin with the cleaning process of a humidifier.
- White vinegar
- Household bleach
- Soft cleaning brush
- Unplug the device and empty the water content inside the tank. Soak the tank in a large bowl containing lukewarm water. Keep it for 5-10 minutes.
- Now remove the wicking filter. This filter is responsible for moisturizing dry air. Gently remove it as you do not want to tear it.
- The next step is to remove the water tray present at the bottom. Soak the tray inside white vinegar for about 15-20 minutes. If your certain part of the tray is not cleaned properly due to its shape, make use of a sponge pad.
- After soaking the water tray in the vinegar clean it under warm running water. Doing this will prevent the smell of vinegar from mixing into the humidifier.
- Add 1 tablespoon of bleach in 1-gallon water and fill the water tank with it. Now close the tank opening and shake the tank vigorously so that bleached water reaches every corner. Empty the bleach water in the sink. Now fill the water tank again, but this time only with plain water. Shake it again and pour the water until the smell of bleach goes away.
- Similarly, perform the same procedure with the water tray. The reason to use bleach in the cleaning process is, it acts as a disinfectant as well as removes mineral residue.
- Lastly, dry out all parts properly before putting them back together.
3. Can you put essential oils in a cool mist humidifier?
Generally, you should not diffuse essential oils in a cool-mist humidifier. They are meant to moisturize the air and keep humidity level intact. But there are some models that contain a slot to add essential oils.
Many people add essential oils in a cool-mist humidifier thinking it might work as an oil diffuser. But they forget one major thing, they cannot control the output of oil. And an excessive amount of essential oil present in the air can be dangerous. So in our opinion, do not mix essential oils inside the humidifier. Still, if you wish to have a humidifier in which you can add essential oils then go for Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Humidifier. Check it our here.
homestuffpro.com is reader-supported and a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read our disclosure for more information.